Rates vocal and piano lessons per January 1st, 2022
The first lesson is a trial lesson and is 60 minutes long. In it, we have time to have a full lesson, get acquianted, determine your goals and wishes and talk about the several possibilities. For vocalists, we determine your voice type. I value taking the time for all this, so we can start off on your musical journey and our relationship on the right foot! I see every student as a unique musician and my approach to you is personal. I try to fill each lesson with the themes, methods and material that suit your personality, level and interest. The trial lesson is a complete lesson, so it is the same rate as a single lesson.
I mostly work with lesson subscriptions with only a two months’ notice. These lessons are at a reduced rate and payment per term is per 4 or 10 lessons. Lesson frequency is set to once a week or two weeks on a set day and time, with the exeption of the holidays (there are 12 holiday weeks per year). If, after the trial lesson, you decide for a lesson subscription, you can fill out the form on the website. For more information see the General Terms and Conditions.
Individual lessons (without subscription or 2 month’s notice period)
If you do not want a lesson subscription, you may opt for individual lessons (if space is available). The lessons are then agreed by email or in class, at a time, whenever you want (if I have time available then). These lessons are also to be prepaid in advance. The time is only reserved after payment and receipt of address details via the registration form. Please note that once a lesson has been booked, the Terms and Conditions apply.
You can choose from various options: 90, 60, 45 or 30 minutes.
Any questions or do you want to book a trial lesson?
Please do contact us about the possibilities and mail to email@example.com. We will be happy to answer all of your questions or to arrange a trial lesson for you!
Students under 21 years
€ 38 individual lessons (no subscription)
€ 370 subscription, payments per 10 lessons
€ 58 individual lessons (no subscription)
€ 228 subscription, payments per 4 lessons
€ 560 subscription, payments per 10 lessons
€ 76 individual lessons (no subscription)
€ 300 subscription, payments per 4 lessons
€ 740 subscription, payments per 10 lessons
€ 28 individual lessons (no subscription), per person
€ 280 subscription, per person, payment every 10 lessons
€ 43 individual lessons (no subscription), per person
€ 168 subscription, per person, payment every 4 lessons
€ 410 subscription, per person, payment every 10 lessons
€ 54 individual lessons (no subscription), per person
€ 208 subscription, per person, payment every 4 lessons
€ 510 subscription, per person, payment every 10 lessons
Adults of 21 jaar and older
- Solo (private) lessons adult students of 21 years and older
- Duo lessons adult students of 21 years and older
€ 47,50 individual lessons (no subscription)
€ 450 subscription, payments per 10 lessons
€ 69,50 individual lessons (no subscription)
€ 270 subscription, payments per 4 lessons
€ 670 subscription, payments per 10 lessons
€ 92 individual lessons (no subscription)
€ 350 subscription, payments per 4 lessons
€ 880 subscription, payments per 10 lessons
€ 37 individual lessons (no subscription), per person
€ 144 subscription, per person, payment per 4 lessons
€ 350 subscription, per person, payment per 10 lessons
€ 56 individual lessons (no subscription), per person
€ 220 subscription, per person, payment per 4 lessons
€ 540 subscription, per person, payment per 10 lessons
€ 69 individual lessons (no subscription), per person
€ 272 subscription, per person, payment per 4 lessons
€ 670 subscription, per person, payment per 10 lessons
Special, more reduced rates apply to lessons longer than 60 minutes (one and a half or two hours), please contact us for the possibilities.
The rates can be increased every year to remain in line with the market and due to inflation. This is done automatically, in the exceptional case that this is higher than the usual percentage, you will at all times be informed in writing via the newsletter.
What is included?
- Professional vocal and piano education by an enthusiastic teacher with more than 18 years of experience as a teacher and more than 25 years of stage experience in the Netherlands, United States, and other countries, with an extensive knowledge of both vocal and piano techniques.
- Real private or duo lessons. No group lessons for private lesson rates, like the regular Muziekscholen.
- Inspiring lessons in a fully equipped, but attractive classroom in the 1920s area Elsrijk in Amstelveen, on the border of Amsterdam-Zuid. Piano lessons and vocal accompaniment on Yamaha upright piano and a beautiful grand piano in the sunny conservatory, overlooking the lush garden. Videos are regularly recorded here by students.
- The opportunity to participate in various (normally at least two per year) student concerts at beautiful locations (including large hall of P60, acoustically lovely churches, theaters, my own garden and, for our charity Winter Concerts: the monumental Orangerie Elswout) and thus gain stage experience.
- Use of a professional recording studio (with the latest Cubase pro 9) with the Se Electronics condenser microphone and the famous Rode NTR ribbon mic. The grand piano can also be used for recording, since it recently has been micet with a matched pair of the Rode NT5 mics. Record a professional demo during class at no extra cost. In a regular studio, this can easily cost hundreds to thousands of euros.
- Advice for aspiring performing artists. Recording demo CD, showreels, conservatory, auditions etc.
- Live piano accompaniment of the vocalists on the grand piano by myself. It is not necessary to bring sheet music or chords or send them in advance, I do not have to prepare it because I play all the pieces a prima vista. It is extremely important for vocalists to train with live accompaniment, so they can hear themselves well and learn.
- Lots of my own teaching materials, like my ebooks on vocal and piano technique. A discount on a subscription of my online courses Master the Art of Singing, Master the Art of Piano and Teach the Art of Singing and Piano, including over 200 vocal exercises.
Various literature and sheet music for classical singing (Vaccai, Sieber, Lütgen), for musical-pop-jazz singing and piano.
- Guidance with back, pelvis, diaphragm and breathing problems through Alexander Technique exercises that improve vocal and piano playing posture.
- Hundreds of vocal exercises, which you can record and which I also send on score
- Hundreds of solfège exercises for the pianist, which I also send on score
- Experienced guidance in preparing entrance exams for the various conservatories, both for vocalists and instrumentalists, including representative mock exams. All students were accepted 🙂
- Literature on music theory and music history
- Use of orchestral tapes (vocals) and piano accompaniment music for practising at home
- Possibility to transpose to the appropriate key of the accompaniment of your song. Both the live piano accompaniment to the orchestral tapes in Cubase. Want to sing a tenor / soprano piece as a baritone / mezzo? I’ll transpose it for you! This way, a lot of repertoire that was not written for your voice becomes accessible.
- Playing easier arrangements of your favorite piano piece. Want to play Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata after a few lessons? This is possible! This also applies to pop songs for young students.
- Vocal examples and piano examples of me playing your piece, with which you can practice at home.
- Various apps for rhythm, ear training, solfeggio (note reading), aural skills, improvisation, composition. This makes learning more fun.
- The possibility to record the lesson on a dictaphone and practice at home later
- Tea with honey, coffee, water or organic juice
- A pleasant, safe and easily accessible teaching practice by public transport (walking distance from the Kruiskerk stop 2 minutes, Stadshart 15 minutes) and by car (A9, A10). Always ample parking space right in front of the door. Please note: parking is paid (1.05 per hour).
Teachers, mind the Copyright C Irene de Raadt. Thank you ❤️